Monday, July 6, 2009


Carrie and Camille have challenged us to put up our first quilt and the last one we have finished. This is sort of my first quilt. I think it dates to 1975. I say it's my first one because it's my first quilted quilt. All the others before this were tied. I got really bored one day in my mobile home with my one year old, and pulled out all my scraps and some transfer patterns (from my grandmother ) that I'd been dragging around the country. I enlarged one by hand, and this is the result. It's rather embarrassing! The stitches are HUGE! I'm new to this blogging stuff, so I just realized that I should have done my latest one first - oh well!

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job on your first quilt, but I love the star quilt in your header picture. That is one of my favorite patterns. My quilts are in my Stitched Together blog, please stop by.

    ReplyDelete