Tuesday, November 17, 2009

This Thanksgiving

Kelly tagged us with the questions 'what other crafts do you do? and what are we thankful for this Thanksgiving?'

First off, my other craft is knitting. I know a lot of quilters are knitters also. I had put knitting on the backburner until the granddaughters came along and then I really went to town churning out sweaters for them the first couple years. I don't think they wear them very much, but, hey, at least I had a good time making them.


I made this big because she grows so fast.  When she was smaller I made her a cashmere and wool coat sweater. I wish I had a picture of that one.

I'm thankful for my kids and grandkids, and my house with the sewing room and its big bathroom.
If you think a bathroom is a silly thing to be thankful about, it's because I spent my life having bathrooms that I could barely turn around in. I don't ever go in it without being happy about it, and I've lived here almost 3 years. I also waited a long time for a sewing room to myself.
Of course I'm thankful for hubby who provides all this for us, and keeps helping the adult kids and the grandkids in this bad economy and works and worries more than he should have to at this stage of his life.
I'm thankful we still have good health and I could go on and on, but I don't know that it would make good reading!
Thanks Kelly, for making us reflect about what good things we all have!

5 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! I enjoyed reading your answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looks like one comfy sweater. I don't knit and I really admire those that do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet sweater set. They do grow too fast, don't they! I have 2 DGDs. #1 is 15 already, & #2 feels like she was born last week, but is already 2 1/2!

    I real thankful too. Especially that nothing but my bread was ruined in my fire! Thanks for dropping a comment! & Happy Holidays!!

    Your home is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you knit for your family! One of the things that I tucked away from when my girls were just little girls are the handmade sweaters they were given by their grandmothers. Who knows, they may have little ones who will wear them one day. I have a long list of "Thankful" this year. I hear you on the bathroom thing! Lol, I have one of those tiny bathrooms and I swear my bathtub is all of six inches deep.

    Enjoy the holidays, love the tree and your quilts, all just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great things to be grateful for -- thanks so much for sharing with all of us!

    ReplyDelete