Tuesday, September 8, 2009

September 11

I thought I'd share a little wall hanging I made after 2001. How many remember that it was a Tuesday that year? How many remember the year? How many remember the shock we felt to be attacked? I'm not a political person, but as a quilter of the last century documented her life and times in her quilts, I felt the need to embroider these simple words on my red, white and blue wall hanging. I believe I got the pattern from the internet somewhere. Perhaps the Jinny Beyer site? That I don't really remember, but when I went to work that morning, I found out that one of my friends' college roommates worked in the towers. Simply putting this on this quilt means that future generations will remember too.
Quilters will always remember their lives through their quilts. I think we should document our lives more often in our quilts. Email has pretty much insured that we won't leave any actual letters behind! Sign your quilts with a story of who, what, why, where, and when. Leave a legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment