Monday, April 19, 2010

A spring quilt picture....

Here is a pattern I designed from an antique quilt.  Those are my favorites. There seems to be such a charm to quilts that are made without a selection of patterns, fabrics, or internet inspiration. The quilts come from a place inside a person. I changed the method of piecing of this one. It combines piecing and applique and if you can tell by the picture, it is hand quilted to create the illusion of flowers where the circles are the flower centers. It is made from 40s prints which is probably authentic. Or maybe the 30s solids would have been more in keeping with the original, but I really like the prints. I made it small for the interest of time and money, but it would be darling on a twin bed in a cheerful girly room. I hope you enjoy this pic! 

6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Love the colors. Very elegantly quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt- very creative and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors and the quilting on this. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is suce a nice quilt and the quilting really just makes it sing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SEW darn cute....and being a newbie to your blog, where do we find your patterns????

    ReplyDelete